ZINC/ESPACE CULTURE MULTIMEDIA OF THE FRICHE LA BELLE DE MAI ARTS CENTER, MARSEILLE
The goal of ZINC/ECM is to organize a ‘laboratory of new means and forms of multimedia artistic and cultural expression and authoring’ that are gradually developed as experiments progress throughout the years. ZINC/ECM is based in La Friche la Belle de Mai Arts Centre and works for the following aims:
• facilitate the participative use of new information and communication technologies by providing introductory assistance for new users and facilitating
• multimedia creation for the public and artists
• open a space for multidisciplinary artistic experimentation by encouraging collaboration between artists, multimedia designers, teachers, librarians, youth and children.
• assist the development of multimedia arts projects, to provide support for organizations, to exchange and share new skills and new working methods
• organize and take part in public events, facilitate the publication of multimedia works and analyse their impact.
For several years, ZINC/ECM has developed a network of actors who work with new cultural practices linked to the new technologies in the artistic and educational fields. Through the ANIMANET program and RAMI plate form, a meeting, artists’ residences, artistic workshops and training courses, the association has developed numerous partnerships throughout the Mediterranean basin. It continues to develop experimental grounds and exchanges and to explore the modalities of learning. ZINC is an active member of the French network of the Foundation Euro-Méditerranéenne Anna Lindh for the Dialogue between the Cultures since his foundation in 2004.